Tuesday, July 3, 2012

blog assignment number 3, the quotes..


 the rhetoric of the image


“we have seen that in the image properly speaking,  The distinction between literal message and the symbolic message is operational”
This quote from Rhetoric of the image interest me because it saying that an image can have a literal straight forward message which makes you think logically and images also have symbolic messages which make you think critically about what it can symbolize towards and individual or a group.  There is a big difference between literal and symbolic images but this quote says every image has both.

“After the linguistic message, then, we can see a second iconic message”

I found this quote very interesting because it’s talking about image which relates to a language but it has a iconic message. This confused me a little because I never thought of an image with an iconic message to give to its viewer. I see images which can inspire viewers but never heard of giving an iconic message to it viewers. To me an iconic message would be something that changes your life but I don’t think an image can change a life around


Amandeep singh

No comments:

Post a Comment