"Ghosts are
simultaneously comic and terrifying. Laughter is not the only response provoked
by antiquated photography. It represents what is utterly past and yet this
refuse was once the present. Grandmother was once a person and to this person
belonged the chignon and the corset as well as the High Renaissance chair with
its turned pillars, a ballast that did not weigh her down but was just carried
along as a matter of fact. Now the image wanders ghostlike through the present
like the lady of the haunted castle."
my response: I think this quote was very interesting
because I can relate to it in many ways. Ghosts are very terrifying to me but
many do think they are funny or they don’t exist. This quote explains how a
image of a ghostlike can make you think of a haunted house with a old lady in
it. It just a view people have in there minds. Ghosts are provoked like in a background of a image and it can be
scary or be funny to many. It depends on the person and how they view ghosts.
If I looked at picture of a ghost I l be kind of nervous and scared but if one
of my friends looked at a picture of a ghost they would probably laugh and
think its funny. Many people like images with pictures of ghosts, myself I
think its kind off weird but I prefer like white shadows then like a image of
face on a ghost.
"Infants are
of interest to mothers and young gentlemen are captivated by the legs of
beautiful girls. Beautiful girls like to behold sports and stage celebrities
standing on gangways of ocean liners when embarking on voyages to distant lands."
my response :-This quote
interests me because I find it to be true. I can relate to the part that states, " young gentlemen
are captivated by the legs of beautiful girls" because myself along with
other guys have often had our attention drawn to the legs of a beautiful
girl. Us guys blame them for
not being able to focus that much during summer school. The last part of the
quote reminds of when important people board a ship and turn around and
wave. They wave as if the whole
world is watching them, but only a few people may witness it.
No comments:
Post a Comment